Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Thank you sir...May I have another?


I pulled up just in time to see Tommy go into the trailer...
I parked my car along side the road and walked through the yard towards the trailer. There were five guys sitting on the steps and in the yard. They were all bleeding or had swollen eyes, one guy was holding his arm and moaning.

"You better get in there and help your partner" one of the guys says. "Jakes in there, been beating his girlfriend in the bathroom. We tried to stop him but he took us all out."

Jake must be one tough dude, I think as I enter the trailer.
The trailer stinks. There are beer cans and cigarette butts all over the floors. Some type of animal has crapped and urinated all over the carpet.

I navigate the narrow hall leading into the bathroom. I see Tommy standing in the doorway telling someone I can't see to come out and let the girl go.

I position myself so I can see what is going on without getting in the way, God this hall is narrow. In the bathroom I see a younger girl, maybe 19, standing against the wall, her head is lowered and she is holding her face.

Between her and Tommy stands Jake. He has part of the girls shirt clenched in one fist while he shakes the other at Tommy shouting profanities and telling us to get out of the house.

After talking to him for a few more seconds Tommy reaches in and grabs the guy pulling him out into the hallway and presses him against the wall with one hand. The girl sees her chance and runs from the trailer and out the door. Jake raises both fist at Tommy.

"Put your hands behind your back, you're under arrest." says Tommy.
Jake starts trying to twist free. I see Tommy unholster his tazer. I wonder if there is even enough room in the hall to taze the guy. "Put your hands behind your back." Tommy says calmly.

"Fuck you son of a bitch, fucking pig get out of my house and mind your business!" The guy yells pulling one of his fists back.

I hear a small pop followed by a sound I know all to well. cack cack cack.
The guy screams and falls to the ground kicking his legs wildly into everything in the hallway. I put one knee on the ground and the other across the guys mid section. He is laying face down screaming as I try to subdue him without getting myself tangled on the wires.

I begin telling the guy that this will last for five seconds and when it stops he needs to put his hands behind his back and calm down, but I doubt it registered with him.

After five seconds the tazer stops and I tell the again to put his hands behind his back. Instead he begins telling me he will kick our asses and he starts trying to get up.

"We will deploy the tazer again if you don't comply" I say.

"Fuck you guys!! Pussys!!!" He begins yelling.

"Give him five more." I tell Tommy.
The guy hears this and what he says goes something like this:
"Fuck you guys! Oh no Oh God I'AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!"

cack cack cack cack "This will last for five seconds.." cack cack cack "When it stops you need to put your hands behind your back." cack cack cack.

He screams and kicks the whole five seconds. It sounds like a tornado in the trailer. The tazer ends its cycle and the guy immediately puts his hands behind his back. We handcuff him and take him out past all the guys who had their butts kicked by this guy and put him in Tommy's cruiser. I take the appropriate pictures and Tommy carts the guy off to the stoney lonesome.

I go back towards the trailer to get some of the AFID tags from the hallway floor and everyone stares at me silently. Finally one of the guys says "Thanks a lot sir. I don't know what you guys did to him in there but it sounded like the trailer was coming apart. He was just too much for us to handle."

He follows me inside and as I begin to collect the small pieces of colored paper to enter into evidence with the tazer cartridge, he gets a worried look on his face and says "Sir I swear to God I don't know where those things came from. I can tell you their not mine though." As if I had just found a kilo of cocaine or something.

"Have a good night." I tell them. I get in my patrol car and head towards the office to help Tommy with all the paperwork and entry of evidence.


2 comments:

Rebecca said...

My guys at Evil PD wear their tasers strapped on their thighs like gunfighters, I think it looks funny, but only because, I work at such a tiny agency and they don't need them all that much. My husband's agency is so cheap they have one taser they pass around from officer to officer-and they really really need one apiece at his department!

Anonymous said...

we where ours on the opposite side, our offhand side, with the back facing forward. it's hard to get used to at first but after a while it seems normal. I guess the theory is that no one will confuse it with their firearm.