Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I'll sue you

A while back I arrested this guy.
I don't remember his name or even what I arrested him for. All I remember is what a belligerent jack-ass he was. Cursing and yelling. He was compliant enough to not get himself into any more trouble than he was already in, but he would not stop running his mouth.

I'm not an emotional person but he was really irritating me and other than getting his biographical information I didn't talk to him. While waiting to see the magistrate he continued his litany of verbal abuse as I wearily rolled my eyes in an attempt to find my happy place. Finally he says "I'm gonna sue your ass." Not a new or original threat by any means, everyone threatens cops with civil litigation. I just leaned close to him and whispered into his grimy little ear "I hope you do."

He stops talking and just looks confused as I explain "I'll counter sue your dumb ass, You'll be so in debt to me I'll own your children's children."

....????....???....

I guess he didn't know what to make of either the statement as a whole or the calm natured delivery, but he shut up for the first time since I had picked him up. He couldn't do anything but stare at the floor the rest of our time together.

2 comments:

kateykakes said...

Beautiful, c2. I would have paid to see the look on his face...

Stay safe out there.

Anonymous said...

Don't sue me, but I tagged you.